The Swiss EPM consortium aim is to develop a market for earth observation products for the extractive industry. This includes the use of Synthetic Aperture Radar and other sensors for the monitoring of the stability of open pits and tailings dams, detection and monitoring or artisanal mining activities, and environmental impact of mining activities. The project website is http://www.crosstech.cc/epm/
The project is co-financed and by the European Space Agency (ESA) during 2017 and 2018. In 2018, the consortium will implement 3 pilot demonstration projects in Kyrgyzstan, Ghana, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Sudan to show-case the technology and start to market the product and services. The launch of a start-up company during 2018 is also part of the plan.
The consortium leader Crosstech SA, a subsidiary of FSD, is looking for a part-time project assistant to make sure that the project meets all contractual obligations towards ESA. This will require the analysis of consortium project documents, contractual obligations and ESA reporting requirements and the direct interaction with consortium members by email or Skype.
- Assist the Project Leader with project control and administrative project management functions.
- Familiarise herself / himself with the project history (2017) and the applicable ESA / ESTEC framework through reading and studying.
- Use Daptiv https://www.changepoint.com/products/daptiv/ as a Project Management Tool.
- Plan project documents (issues, milestones, reports) for submission to ESTEC based on the contractual documents
- Track project progress in line with https://business.esa.int/documents and http://emits.sso.esa.int/emits/owa/emits.main (administrative documents section)
- Prepare the agenda of milestone meetings
- Work can be performed at our Geneva office or at home
- Occasional travels might be required, notably for project progress meetings with ESTEC in Noordwijk / Netherlands
- Monthly physical meeting in Geneva with the Project Leader
Required skills and experience:
- The Project Assistant will be expected to integrate all project documents and all internal project communications.
- The candidate is expect to train herself / himself with online tools about ESTEC’s requirements for project reporting. He / She may draw on support by our back-office in Manila.
- Familiarity with technical project management methodologies
- English as a working language
- Basic technical understanding of earth observation and remote sensing
- Familiarity with Office tools Desirable skills, but not a requirement:
- Basic knowledge of ESA / ESTEC project methodology
- Basic knowledge of remote sensing, earth observation by satellites and drones
- Experience with managing technical projects
- Basic knowledge of how the extractive sector work globally
Workload is estimated at 1 day / week during 12 months
Contract duration: 1.1. - 31.12.2018
The current position is suitable also for a PhD or Mastersstudent. If the project is successful, there may be a potential for a larger role within the EPM project or the planned start-up company.
Part of the job can be done at distance.
Remuneration: An attractive package awaits the right candidate
Apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.