FSD is an international organisation based in Geneva, Switzerland. Since 1997, this private, independent organisation has implemented a large number of humanitarian projects in 24 different countries. FSD's focus is on locating and eliminating explosive, chemical toxic waste in post-war scenarios, in order to prevent accidents and thus creating favorable conditions for the reconstruction and development of war-torn countries. FSD further develops specific programs for recovery, stabilisation and armed violence reduction.
Program Managers report directly to the Head of Operations at FSD Headquarters. He/she is the most senior FSD representative in any country of intervention and carries the overall accountability for the project resources, the achieved results and the mid- to long term development of operations.
That includes all tasks in the entire project cycle, from contributing to the elaboration and adjustment of the FSD country strategy, maintain contacts with national and local authorities, donor representatives, partners and other stakeholders, write project proposals and budgets, monitor the project implementation, draw up operational and financial reporting to Headquarters and donors, oversee the management of budgets, accounts, assets and human resources, optimize productivity and implement compliance as well as risk and safety management policies.
We are looking for candidates who offer:
- Minimum of seven years of experience in senior management roles in mine action operations, advanced EOD 3+ as a minimum, C-IED/IEDD experience an advantage
- At least three years of experience in Program Management
- Excellent planning and tasking skills; experience in administrative and financial management of multi-donor projects;
- Excellent negotiation, communication and external relation skills - leadership and experience of interacting in multi-cultural environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage;
We offer very good general employment conditions, along with a comprehensive insurance cover and, provided projects get funded, employment for at least two years.
Apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.